Why is Mold Bad?

Typically, mold is not a problem indoors, unless the mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. In many cases, molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (allergens are substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Typically, allergic reactions can range from hay fever-type symptoms, like sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rashes. Allergic reactions to mold are common and many people do not even realize it the mold that causing their symptoms. Often, the symptoms can be felt in individuals that may not have had any mold allergies before, or did not even know that they were allergic.

The symptoms can be felt immediately, but sometimes they are delayed. Mold has been known to cause asthma attacks in people with asthma and a mold allergy. In addition, mold exposure can be an irritant in a variety ways from itchy eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lung discomfort in both those with and without mold allergies. However, symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. It is important to note that research on mold and its health effects is ongoing. This does not describe all potential health effects related to mold exposure. For more detailed information, it is wise to consult a health professional and you state or local health department.
Mold Erasers LLC

Pa Basement






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s